Monday, January 17, 2011

Sewing With Me Mum

I had a wonderful day yesterday. I sewed with my mom. I've been trying to think if we've done this before, but can't really recall. Anyway, I discovered that it's more fun to sew with someone else than it is to sew alone. Plus, she helped me with fitting issues that would have taken me a million years to do all by myself.

We didn't finish anything, but made progress in many different directions. I've got my Crepe Sew-Along muslin finalized. All I have to do now is wait for my underlining fabric and organza to arrive in the mail to move on to the next steps. Also, we got about 1/2 way to 3/4 of the way done on a blouse. I need fusible interfacing for that one. And we worked on a dress, but I need fusible interfacing for that, too.

It looks like there is a trip to JoAnn's in my future. I also did something a bit crazy when I got home last night. I bought some pinking shears on eBay last night. I think I got an excellent deal ($3.50), but I probably shouldn't have gotten them. They're 5.5 inches long, end to end. That's pretty small. I should have gone for some 7 or 9 inch shears. Oh well. They're less than ten dollars including shipping and they're Wiss brand. We'll see when they get here.

No comments: