Monday, November 21, 2011

One Fish, None Fish

And so it had to happen... Fish number two, or rather what became fish number only, leapt to his death last night. I'm sad and glad at the same time. I felt less badly about the chicken in my chicken noodle soup at lunch, but I'm ready to move on from this so called pet.

Isn't the very nature of the pet to "pet" it? I'm not a fan of the fish, we can just leave it at that.

We still have a dwarf hamster and a dog and a cat to make our lives merry, but we still need to have a burial today for the dead fish. He is floating in his bowl right now because my daughter was too upset with me after I gave the other dead on a burial at sea (aka flushed him) and we didn't have time this morning before school started. Needing a place to put the guy, he ended up back in his bowl.

On a lighter note, I went on my other daughter's field trip today to the Guide Dogs for the Blind. We didn't get to pet any puppies, but they're darn cute! The trip made me appreciate my dog so much more. At least until he started to bug me when I got home.

3 comments:

coffeeaddict said...

Sorry to hear about the fish. But cat's and dogs are infinitely better company. Though I have known a family that actualy pet their fish and the fish liked it.

ckh said...

I totally agree. The hamster is working out okay, but each day I check to see that it is still breathing. And waiting for my cat "Killer" to figure out how to overturn the cage and "liberate" him.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ....

They weren't called CPT Stubing and Little Miss Neptune were they?

See the (or google and watch it) Geico Sushi Commercial.... let me know how the sushi was.