Monday, July 26, 2010

Lazy Days

I'm married to a go-go guy. He doesn't believe in - or apparently even need - those days where you lay around doing nothing. I'm sure it's probably lie around doing nothing, but I don't like to lie.

Anyway, I just worked three days in a row and I feel like doing absolutely nothing today. I have a list of things to do and think I will probably, eventually do them, but in the meantime, I'm feeling so darned lazy. The thing is, I think I need to be lazy now and then. I think that a rest recharges me in a way that nothing else does. I'd actually take a nap right now if I it wouldn't send me over the edge with guilt.

And it's gloomy out, too. This summer seems to be quite a bust. Usually we'd be complaining about the heat and wishing we had AC about now, but I'm about to put a sweater on. It's a soup or tea kind of day with a blanket and TV to top it off. My only pair of pants that fit are in the wash and I'm in my pjs at past-noon-o-clock.

I'm going to let you in on a secret, too. I have been wanting to sew. I haven't let myself get started since there are about ten projects I'm in the middle of right now. And when I say ten, I really mean that they can all be called one and it's to clean my house. The house that will never be clean for more than seven minutes at a time. That, and the painting. I still haven't finished the painting from last summer. And those packages I'd like to mail out, which are on the to-do list mentioned above.

Sewing for me is a pretty weird thing. I've been sewing by hand forever. I have bad luck with sewing machines for whatever reason and I usually avoid them. But I have one and I know it cuts the work down quite a bit. My desire is to break it out and whip up some stuff. Clothes. Skirts more specifically. I have all the stuff ready to go (material, zipper, pattern) and have had it for several years now. I just need to give myself permission to start a new project and give in to my strange desire.

1 comment:

i love lamp said...

I love that you want to sew! I've been feeling the same itch. I really want to be able to go into a thrift store and look for pieces to customize.

Do the girls have any interest? They are so creative!