Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Stuff and Nonsense

I wonder if this interest in sewing is to satisfy my desire to create or to procrastinate my writing. I may or may not have mentioned that I'm writing a book about my Meniere's Disease and it's off to a slow start.

"Look! Something shiny!"

But I've come up with a plan. First I'm going to mend all of my clothes that need it. There are several little holes that need to be sewn shut and seams that have come apart. Then I'm going to make some adjustments to clothes that I won't wear for some little something that doesn't look right or the fit isn't right.

Next, I'm going to make my girls dresses with some material I bought to make myself a skirt but decided that it just might be a bit bold for me. And then, I'm going to tackle the ultimate challenge and make myself a skirt. Hopefully by then I'll have dropped a couple more pounds.

I've been counting points for my own self-prescribed Weight Watchers and it's working out nicely for me. Especially on days that I'm not working. I worked today. In any case, whether it had anything to do with this or it was just my clothing choice for today, someone asked me if I lost weight. :) It's funny how a random compliment can be just as satisfying as that Ben & Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream was that may or may not have wiped out any gainers I just made.

No comments: