Sunday, December 12, 2010

Have a nice trip!

Just when it gets to be a bummer getting older, I'll do something that makes me feel like a kid again. I fell down today. Well, I didn't fall down so much as I tripped. Well, not so much tripped as twisted my ankle merely walking! I used to have trouble walking when I was a little girl, but I've pretty much gotten the hang of it as I got older. Imagine my shock and amazement to fail at that task today.

Twice!

The first time was on my street. Our financially strapped town has not maintained the streets and I stumbled on a big hole in the street. Apparently putting one foot in front of the other is taking a risk around here. The second time, I nearly fell on a different street. I don't remember if I was stepping off of a curb, but I don't think I was doing something as daring as that. I think it was just a regular ol' step.

I was out with my dog today - on a walk! Are you impressed? That whole "a body at rest stays at rest" wanted to pull me back to bed, but in an effort to get the "body in motion to stay in motion" I put my sneakers on and grabbed the leash.

I'm off to work now, when it should be my day off, and have big plans to do some sewing tonight when I get home. I'm working on my bodice muslin for my Crepe dress sew-along project. I'll try to be careful. Don't worry - I'm going to another town to work.

1 comment:

hokgardner said...

I fall down on a regular basis, usually while running, but often just stepping off my front steps. I've never been known for my grace and coordination.