Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Puckers

My mood lately has been a little like the tension on my sewing machine. A little off. When I sew on lightweight fabrics, the upper tension is too high and the thread pulls. I just don't back-tack so I can pull the fabric out of its pucker then hand-tie the thread.

In other words, I make do.

I've tried to fix the tension a few times and strangely enough, each adjustment doesn't seem to do anything. I can crank the damn thing (bits at a time, of course) and not see a difference. And then I'll just put it back where I thought it was and out of the blue, it will be fine again.

Likewise, my mood is a bit off-kilter. There isn't anything wrong with it, it's just off. Not quite right. I've been in a bit of a funk that feels like I'm blue, but without the sadness. I feel like I'm just a bit off my game, but I don't really know what to do about it.

Except that I feel like I have a migraine knocking on my door. Or rather drilling a pilot hole so it can get a good hold on me. I suspect that the barometric pressure has something to do with this funkiness. I wish I could just pull the puckers out.

1 comment:

coffeeaddict said...

No matter how hard you try, there are some things that take time and are completely independent of the effort we put into trying to fix them.
I'd say enjoy the off vibe while it lasts, but like you when I get this way I try and do anything and everything to fix it.