Monday, August 29, 2011

Roller Coaster Ride

You know how when you go to an amusement park and you have to wait in line a long time for a ride that lasts mere moments?  Well, I just had a hell of a ride this last week. No waiting. And it lasted the entire week. Unfortunately, I think I just might puke.

I've been on a roller coaster of drama. Between my kids starting school and all that entailed - including being berated for not watching a soccer practice and talking to my friends instead, to buckets full of tears for making my kids abide by the compulsory education law and not letting them hang out with me at work instead. As if that loop-de-loop weren't enough, my job has been doing the same thing to me. I don't really want to blog about work, but they've pissed me off on a grand scale.

Today, Monday morning, with peace in the house and a great violin lesson under my belt (as well as a half of a sleeve of Lorna Dunes under same said belt) I'm feeling pretty good. I'm feeling good in a two-cups of coffee cheer but too lazy to exercise sort of way. All the drama from the past week has faded like my memory of this morning's breakfast. So what if I want to work more hours and I can't make that happen. At least now I can sit on my ass and type stuff!

I don't really know where I'm going with this. Did I have a point, after all? Who knows. The best thing about forgetting stuff all the time, is that I can forget to care about that which I don't remember.

No comments: