Thursday, May 31, 2012

New Dentist

My dentist retired. I wanted to believe that I never had to go to the dentist again, but it just wasn't true. After getting a filling not too too long ago, I am still experiencing some discomfort. Rather than having someone look at it, I went ahead and did all my chewing on the other side of my mouth. Unfortunately, I started to feel pain there, too.

Time for a new dentist.

I did my search on my insurance company's website to get one in-network so I don't have to pay as much - especially anticipating big bills coming up here. Then I cross-checked him against Yelp.com. I hate Yelp, but it can be useful. Anyway, this new dentist got rave reviews.

He also got me in right away for a consultation, which went to today. And I think it's going to be okay. He confirmed all the things I already knew about the condition of my teeth and what might be going on with my state of pain. He also showed me on a giant computer monitor the x-rays and what he things he needs to do for me. Then he made a minor adjustment on my crown, the same as my last dentist did, rather than jumping head-first into a root-canal, and I have another appointment next week. And the week after.

The only thing that I'm a little uncertain about is his response to my up-front disclosure that I have a VERY difficult time getting numb on the bottom. He acted very confident that he would be able to help me. That's exactly what the last two dentists did, too. We'll see. He might be confident that he can get me numb, but I'm just as skeptical that he can't. At least not easily. I guess next week we'll see who has more experience in this area.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No words in the English language rhyme with depth, month, orange, silver, or purple.

Mr. Trivia

Anonymous said...

Nurple:

1) The after effect of the squeezing of the nipple. 2) Most refer to this as a "Purple Nurple".

I was given a purple nurple and it really hurt.

Nice try, Mr. Trivia! Thanks for playing...

Mr. Anonymous

Anonymous said...

What's up with all these "Misters" hi-jacking your blog?

Mr. Concerned Reader

Anonymous said...

Let me get in on this - WIIILLLBBBUUURRR!

Mr. Ed

ckh said...

"Oranges, poranges...
Who said there ain't no rhyme for oranges!"
Witchee Poo

http://youtu.be/gDoSl-M5tmM

ckh said...

Inquiring minds want to know when Mr. Anonymous is going to write his own blog.

Anonymous said...

This is an H.R. Puf'NStuf free-zone.

Never - blogs are so 2003.

Mr. Anonymous

For what it's worth Enquiring Minds is so 1987.